My pastor made a comment about reading scripture recently. There are 3 items to keep in your mind as you read scripture.
- Notice – be observant – What is a truth in this scripture?
- Know – what is God trying to teach me?
- Do – What do I need to do in response?
This is the scripture I read this morning that spoke to me. James 3:9-12
- Our tongues have great power
- We can’t be one thing and act like another
- Stop before you speak and make sure your words are not meant to tear down but build up.
I like this method of bible study. How do you accept and review God’s word?